[filter] => raw
    [cat_ID] => 114
    [category_count] => 42
    [category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => Global Semiconductor Alliance
    [category_nicename] => global-semiconductor-alliance
    [category_parent] => 14433
)

Fab-U-Less! The 2013 Global Semiconductor Awards!

Fab-U-Less! The 2013 Global Semiconductor Awards!
by Daniel Nenni on 12-17-2013 at 9:00 pm

It was a dinner with more than a thousand semiconductor professionals from around the world keynoted by Author and Editor in Chief of Forbes Magazine Steve Forbes. What more could a humble blogger ask for? Even at $250 a plate it was well worth it just to mingle amongst the people who make this industry so great.

Global Semiconductor Alliance
Awards Celebration

It was a lot like one of the Hollywood awards shows with lights, music, videos, and of course speeches. Ballots were cast, winners were announced, trophies were handed out, acceptance speeches were made, applause applause applause… It was simply fabulous!

Most Respected Emerging Public Semiconductor Company Achieving $100 million to $250 million in annual sales Award and the winner is: InvenSense

Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company achieving $251 million to $1 billion in annual sales Award” awarded to Silicon Labs and the winner is: Silicon Labs

Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company achieving greater than $1 billion in annual sales Award and the winner is: QUALCOMM

Most Respected Private Company Award and the winner is: Aquantia

Best Financially Managed Company achieving up to $500 Million in annual sales Award and the winner is: InvenSense

Best Financially Managed Semiconductor Company achieving greater than $500 million in annual sales Awardand the winner is: Semtech Corporation

Start-Up to Watch Award and the winner is: Quantenna

Outstanding Asia-Pacific Semiconductor Company Award and the winner is:MediaTek Inc.

Outstanding EMEA Semiconductor Company Award and the winner is: NXP Semiconductors

Favorite Analyst Semiconductor Company Award and the winner is: MaxLinear

The most prestigious award, the Dr. Morris Chang Exemplary Leadership Award, was presented to CEO and Chairman, Dr. Sehat Sutardja and President and Co-founder, Ms. Weili Dai of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (Marvell). A great “history of” video was included in this presentation. One thing I can tell you about Marvell is that they are very hard working people. Whenever I drive by their headquarters the parking lots are always full no matter what time of the day or night.

The only complaint I have, and I always have one, is that Steve Forbes did not mention Bit Coin or virtual currency in his economic policy keynote. Other than that, I agree with Steve that no matter how hard we work, no matter how hard we innovate, no matter how much fab space we build, unless people around the world prosper we, as an industry, will not. If you really want to know why the semiconductor industry has been relatively flat the last 5+ years look at the monetary policies around the world and the U.S. National Debt. It is a train wreck just waiting to happen, absolutely.

More Articles by Daniel Nenni…..

Share this post via:

Comments

0 Replies to “Fab-U-Less! The 2013 Global Semiconductor Awards!”

You must register or log in to view/post comments.