[category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => Synopsys
    [category_nicename] => synopsys
    [category_parent] => 157
)

Test Synopsys offensive in VIP and try the quiz

Test Synopsys offensive in VIP and try the quiz
by Eric Esteve on 03-06-2012 at 11:33 am

I have recently blogged about Synopsys offensive in the Verification IP market. Did Synopsys again launched a new product, or announced a new acquisition? This would be a serious topic to blog, but today’s blog is closer to gaming than market analysis. Sometimes it’s good to have fun, even if the topic is serious! In fact, Synopsys has launched a quiz, the questions are centered about Verification and protocols: Ethernet, PCI Express, AXI4… I tried it, and I realized that I was certainly missing know how about these protocols… Do you want to check your VIP level of knowledge? Just go here!

The above histogram is exhibiting a perfect Gaussian distribution, showing that the average player knows 50% of the right answer. Or, if you prefer, that half of the people who have tried the quiz have given a wrong answer once every two questions… If you plan to do this quiz, maybe you should review the protocol standards, listed in the picture below as well as the Discovery product brief. And keep in mind that the Discovery related questions have been created to highlight the advantages of the product (see my previous blog, or the list below), this may help you to correctly answer these questions.

• Synopsys Discovery VIP speeds and simplifies verification of the most complex system-on-chip (SoC) designs.
  • Synopsys Discovery VIP offers greater performance, debug and coverage management features, ease-of-use and ease-of-integration for complex SoCs.
  • Synopsys Discovery VIP is written entirely in SystemVerilog, includes native support for UVM, VMM, and OVM, and is compatible with all related verification environments.
  • Synopsys Discovery VIP supports all major simulators.
  • Included with Discovery VIP, Protocol Analyzer enables engineers to quickly understand, identify and debug protocols in their designs.

How did I score the quiz? That’s a very good question! To answer to it, I would say that I spend more time surfing the web for information, and blogging, than carefully reading the various protocol standard documentation. I hope it’s a fair answer!

From Eric Esteve from IPnest

Share this post via:

Comments

There are no comments yet.

You must register or log in to view/post comments.