The International Conference on Engineering of Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms (ERSA), has been an academic event since 2001, held annually in Las Vegas (July). (for more, visit: ERSA News | The International Conference on Engineering of Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms )
ERSA is a part of WORLDCOMP Congress with more than 2000 attendees, covering all topics of computer science, engineering, and applications.
ERSA-IS (ERSA Industrial Session) brings a new emphasis to the commercial and industrial challenges in preparing commercial applications for systems using reconfigurable technology.
ERSA-IS focus on challenges, tools, available technologies and opportunities when it comes to developing and supporting applications, both academic and commercial, that involve reconfigurable heterogeneous computing technologies across mobile, embedded, and HPC domains.
The longer-term aim is to establish an Industrial Session (ERSA-IS) with more than thousand attendees.
ERSA Scope: All aspects of reconfigurable computing, including classical programmable logic, as well as reconfigurable multiprocessing, multi-core systems, reconfigurable high-performance computing, reconfigurable heterogeneous systems, etc.
ERSA explores emerging trends and novel ideas in the area of parallel, reconfigurable, high-performance computing architecture, design methods and applications. ERSA is promoting multidisciplinary research and new visionary approaches including bio-inspired architectures, computational biology, physics etc.
• Developing complex, commercial applications is a main trend in all areas of computing technologies. Currently, there is no industrial conference(s) focused on commercial application development for reconfigurable, embedded computing systems.
• The aim of ERSA-IS is to establish a Reconfigurable Computing Developers Conference to bring together commercial interests in reconfigurable computing involving academic researchers and commercial entrepreneurs from developed countries and emerging market economies.
• Establish an internet based Journal “ERSA Developers News” and portal to facilitated communication between developers, vendors, and customers. Currently, there are no such journals available in reconfigurable computing area.
• The mission of ERSA-IS is to assemble a coordinated research and commercial meeting held in same location and dates. The goal is to provide a forum for exchange of ideas in a number of research areas that interact with ideas, technologies, and aims of different commercial companies. The internet based “ERSA Developers News” Journal, and portal, make the forum lasting around the year.
• ERSA-IS with WORLDCOMP brings together more than 2,200 attendees from over 85 countries, being, an excellent place for this joint event.
• ERSA-IS helps to find and establish new commercial and academic contacts from all over the world. It helps small companies looking for
o collaborators to work with on their efforts
o potential customers for their items
o sources of ideas for new features
• ERSA-IS reduces the cost for creating individual contacts between different parties, which often involves travelling over long distances, form one continent to another.
This provides a meaningful return on investment - trading off one or two expensive trips for one trip.
• Las Vegas, has a reputation for bringing technology oriented businesses together to showcase and has reasonable access from Asia, Europe, South America, and North America