You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: Mixed Signal Chip Design for Everyone - ViaDesigner.com

Mixed Signal Chip Design for Everyone - ViaDesigner.com

ViaDesigner ? Mixed Signal Chip Design for Everyone! is a global mixed signal chip design community.

Triad Semiconductor, Triad Semiconductor: Custom ASIC Solutions, On Time, In Budget and State of the Art, is a fabless provider of configurable mixed-signal arrays called ViaASICs(tm).

ViaDesigner is a complete mixed-signal design and simulation for the development environment for system-level design engineers.

ViaDesigner combines:
    • Schematic Capture
    • Hierarchical Schematic Browsing
    • VHDL, Verilog Design Entry
    • SPICE Modeling
    • Digital Simulation
    • SPICE Simulation
    • VHDL-AMS Simulation
    • Combined Mixed-Signal Simulation with (Schematics, SPICE, VHDL, Verilog, & VHDL-AMS in a unified simulation)

And, ViaDesigner comes with a powerful set of design wizards that enable to rapid development of useful functional blocks such as:
    • Op-Amp Circuits
    • Filters
    • Sigma Delta Modulators
    • ADCs
    • DACs
    • Power Management
    • Band-gaps & Voltage Reference Networks
    • High-Voltage Circuits
    • etc,...

ViaDesigner ? Mixed Signal Chip Design for Everyone! is a community for sharing mixed-signal design IP and reference designs. And, ViaDesigner ? Mixed Signal Chip Design for Everyone! is intended to be a place for analog and digital circuit learning, team forming and the development of community-driven ViaASICs efforts.

Top Influencer
    Quote Originally Posted by rwender View Post
    And, ViaDesigner ? Mixed Signal Chip Design for Everyone! is intended to be a place for analog and digital circuit learning, team forming and the development of community-driven ViaASICs efforts.
    Likely not for me, free trial probably means still $$ to in the end use their software and being stalked by marketing guys that want to sell me a license.
    Trust me ...
    I know what I am doing.

Yes, we are looking to charge $20/month ($200/year) and $50/month ($500/year) for ViaDesigner.com and ViaDesigner software.

Top Influencer
    Quote Originally Posted by rwender View Post
    Yes, we are looking to charge $20/month ($200/year) and $50/month ($500/year) for ViaDesigner.com and ViaDesigner software.
    That sounds reasonable. Any plans to provide a pay-as-you-go cloud version ? I think that would definitely bring it into reach of hobbyists/makers.
    And what is guideline for minimum order quantity ?
    I see that you present that the software runs on Windows as a feature but personally I would also welcome a Linux version of the software . I only rarely have to switch on my Virtual Windows machine anymore.
    Trust me ...
    I know what I am doing.

ViaDesigner in the cloud...sounds good and will be available in the future!

We plan on having a Windows version and a cloud-based version to pick from. Our cloud-based version will be our approach to providing Linux support (really OS-independent support).

ViaASIC Minimum Order Quantity
    I've always liked Google's quote about their search engine from their early days -- "If you will try it six months from now it will be better."
    Today, you probably need 10,000+ production ViaASIC devices for the $250,000 turnkey ViaASIC NRE to make sense from a return-on-investment (ROI) perspective. As we provide the end user with more of a complete ViaDesigner toolkit the NRE will go down. Our goal is to get the NRE for prototype development below $10,000. As the NRE goes down hundreds or low thousands of production ViaASICs will start to make economic sense.
    Last edited by rwender; 03-26-2013 at 05:38 AM.