You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Invarian RSS Feed

by Published on 06-28-2013 11:44 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Invarian
    content/attachments/7780-img_3486.jpg

Most EDA start-up companies have a narrow product focus to complement existing tool flows, however Invarian is taking a much bolder approach by offering tools for:

• Power analysis
    • Thermal analysis
    • EM / IR analysis
    • 3D Thermal analysis

by Published on 06-01-2013 01:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Invarian
    content/attachments/7491-invarian.jpg

Thermal analysis has traditionally been given short shrift when compared to other more prominent issues facing chip designers. Invarian, to my eye at least, feels that the winds of change are in the air. Not that power or EM/IR issues will fade, that indeed is not the case and in fact quite the contrary, they are contributors to the changing dynamics.

I sat down with Invarian and discussed two ...
    by Published on 05-19-2013 07:10 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Invarian
    content/attachments/7329-jca_front2.jpg

Invarian is an interesting EDA company that sees a niche market opening in the physical verification space. There are a number of converging factors driving this opportunity. Electromigration and voltage-drop for full-chip analysis demands SPICE level accuracy with fast runtimes. Invarian solves that problem with macro modeling and a parallel architecture. Not only are runtimes greatly reduced, but accuracy is improved by incorporating ...
    by Published on 06-19-2012 06:02 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Invarian,
    4. Events
    content/attachments/4095-2012-06-05-11.35.24.jpg

3D has been a growing buzz word in IC design and packaging for several years now, so it's refreshing to actually find an EDA vendor that has developed tools to help analyze something like 3D thermal and mechanical stress at DAC. ...
    by Published on 07-02-2011 06:38 PM
    content/attachments/1403-5a1886736d.jpg

In my rush on Wednesday at DAC I had almost over-looked the last two companies I talked with: Invarian and AnaGlobe. These last two I had hand-written notes on paper, so I just got to the bottom of my inbox tonight to write up the final trip reports.

Invarian
    Jens Andersen and Vladimir Schellbach gave me an overview of tools that perform temperature, package and analog layout analysis:

• Models actual component temperature