You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 01-08-2016 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ARM,
    4. Mobile,
    5. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: IC Test Sessions at SEMICON West 2012-mobile-unleashed-front-cover-min-jpg

The story starts for me back in the 1980s when one of my partners told us we had to buy a machine called a BBC micro and learn how to program it. When someone asked him what can it do, apart from play space invaders, I was told as a "for example", I could store my wife's recipes. To view results we would ...
    by Published on 01-07-2016 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: Synopsys IP Strategy 2012-google-quantum-chip-min-jpg

If we consider the miniaturization era from year 1963 to 2014 then the computing power of classical computer has increased multi-fold and with the increasing growth in the computing power for every two years the cost per chip has dropped exponentially from few million dollar to few dollars, or even less than dollar per chip. The fabrication processes and manufacturing techniques have evolved dramatically in the past few decades. In the classical computer system the data operates on ...
    by Published on 01-07-2016 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. IoT Internet of Things,
    4. Automotive
    -wireless-power-mainstream-min-jpg

Wireless Power Will Become Mainstream:
    Wireless power will continue to gain traction with increased consumer demand charged by new products and applications. There are two different standards vying for consumer adoption; Qi and Rezence, but the consumer need not worry about a standards war because
    by Published on 01-06-2016 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile,
    3. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: IC Test Sessions at SEMICON West 2012-ces-logo-min-jpg

I'll admit up-front I’m cheating. I’m writing this from the comfort of my home office without having to go anywhere near the CES madness (I was there last year; 170,000 people packed into the center of Las Vegas, ...
    by Published on 01-06-2016 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    Article Preview

I have a bias (as you may have noticed) for solutions in a domain that take advantage of technology but are developed within that domain. A recently example is intelligent bandages, developed at Massachusetts General Hospital, ...
    by Published on 01-05-2016 07:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Innovations in Memory Bitmapping-big-short-min-jpg

A funny thing happened while I was reading “The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine”. The book explains the subprime mortgage crisis in painful detail by profiling several key players who predicted and profited from the ...
    by Published on 01-05-2016 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article Preview

There is no question: you will own a 3D printer – it’s only a matter of time. The situation today is like it was with the early personal computers, at first it was the hobbyists who had them and most other people wondered what they would use one for. But over time their usefulness became obvious and the difficulty of acquiring, using and supporting them diminished by leaps and bounds. So, with 3D printers ...
    by Published on 01-04-2016 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. Security
    Article: Microsoft Messes Up Mobile Even More...and Already Went Thermonuclear-biological-defenses-min-jpg

A lot of progress has been made in infrastructure to secure edge nodes in the IoT and to secure communications between edge nodes and gateways, all of which is good and necessary to block manifest evil, but it’s never enough. ...
    by Published on 01-04-2016 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    Article: Dragon Boats and TSMC 20nm Update!-fairchild-document-history-min-jpg

After spending my first year learning a great deal about Diffusion and completing my orientation at Fairchild, I was moved to the 3" Photolithography area as a sustaining engineer. As with the Diffusion area, being a sustaining engineer in Photo meant dispositioning lots on hold and making process improvements as needed.
    by Published on 01-04-2016 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: With a little help from our Semiwiki community, we can grant a  grant, 250 grand, with 3 clicks, then a vote. Isn't it grand?-jetsons-min-jpg

1995 was the year that a co-worker walked into my cubicle and said, "Hey, you have to see this new web browser and Internet thing." I promptly installed Mosaic, later renamed Netscape, and began surfing the web with all of those interesting hyperlinks bringing me to new articles. Marc Andreessen was the mastermind behind Mosaic ...
    Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast