You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 04-27-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    FPGA Simulation Wiki-why-iot-needs-fog-computing-jpg

The Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the hottest mega-trends in technology - and for good reason , IoT deals with all the components of what we consider web 3.0 including Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing and Mobile Computing.
    by Published on 04-26-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. STMicroelectronics,
    4. FD-SOI
    System Design and Verification-fullsizerender-3-jpg

We in Semiwiki are writing about FD-SOI since 2012, describing all the benefits offered by the technology in term of power consumption, price per performance compared with FinFET, etc. Let me assess again that I am fully convinced that FD-SOI is a very smart and efficient way to escape ...
    by Published on 04-26-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Aldec Multimedia Wiki-stop-dashboard-insanity-min-jpg

Speaking as part of the digital track at this week's NAB confab, John Ellis proclaimed the demise of the dashboard radio in the coming world of automated vehicles. The headline reporting his talk in Tom Taylor's newsletter was “Radio is on a path to extinction in the vehicle.” There's no point in being subtle if you're John Ellis ...
    by Published on 04-25-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. FPGA,
    3. Flex Logix
    MIL/Aero Verification Wiki-fast-track-jpg

Licensing IP can be a pain, especially when the vendor's business model has front-loaded costs to get started. Without an easy way to evaluate IP, justifying a purchase may be tough. With more mid-volume starts coming for the IoT, wearables, automotive, and other application segments, it's a growing concern. Flex Logix is doing something ...
    by Published on 04-25-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Logic Design-data-security-magic-vs-common-sense-min-jpg

I remember when I was a kid and my dad would perform magic tricks. His magic was so bad but at the time I thought it really worked and was real. You ...
    by Published on 04-25-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Silicon Photonics
    Article: A Brief History of the Fabless Semiconductor Industry-theonering-jpg

In J.R.R. Tolkien's novel 'Lord of the Rings', the Dark Lord Sauron created the "One Ring" as the ultimate weapon to conquer all of Middle-earth. So too it seems that in the world of integrated silicon photonics, the "ring" has become somewhat ...
    by Published on 04-24-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Article: SemiWiki.com Analytics Exposed 2012-lattice-min-jpeg

Public-key crypto-systems rely these days on approaches founded in mathematical methods which are provably hard to crack. The easiest to understand requires factorization of a key based on the product of two large prime numbers. ...
    by Published on 04-24-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. Security
    Article: Synopsys Acquires Ciranova-future-iot-predictions-min-jpg

A Google search for "Internet of Things" term reveals over 280,000,000 results, thanks to the media making the connection between the smart home, wearable devices, and the connected automobile, IoT has begun to become part of the popular parlance. But that’s not the complete picture, according to Gartner's Nick Jones, vice president and distinguished analyst "The IoT demands an extensive ...
    by Published on 04-21-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Synopsys Integration Challenges with SpringSoft Acquisition-cloud-surfing-min-jpg

Driving a car is increasingly like surfing the Web. The day will soon arrive when highway on-ramps are equipped with signs asking you to accept cookies. Those drivers refusing to accept cookies may be diverted. At the very least, they will have an inferior driving experience.
    by Published on 04-21-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ARM,
    4. IoT Internet of Things
    Article Preview

I am a technologist, an entrepreneur and most recently an angel investor. As I have announced my investments in promising young companies over the last couple years, many people have asked me why. Isn't the stock market easier (well...), ...
    Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast