You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 05-04-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    -fig-1-age-mobile-data-jpg

Aaron Bartlett, a respected semiconductor industry executive, thinks that "Age of Mobile Data: The Wireless Journey to All Data 4G Networks" is the best book he has come across since Walter Isaacson's biography on Steve Jobs. There is no dearth of books on wireless networks and Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology ...
    by Published on 05-03-2015 05:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    -apple1-jpg

There cannot be a product without a need. The need is the first essential aspect which has to be created or at least felt and then comes a slew of motivator factors including style quotient and fashion statements. Itís possible that a genuine but ill conceived need can be undermined by an overwhelming fashion statement ...
    by Published on 05-02-2015 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Events
    -crossing-casm-jpg

One of the advantages of being an independent consultant is that I get to choose who I work with and what type of projects I accept. In fact, that is why I originally started blogging, to get exposure to a wide range of topics and brand myself as a strategic semiconductor business development professional. Now rather than wasting time looking for projects they come looking for me.

Some ...
    by Published on 04-30-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    -semi-world-fab-forecast-jpg

A year ago many eulogized the death of Mooreís Law at 28nm due to higher prices per transistor at more advanced nodes, but now that we have celebrated the 50th anniversary letís look ahead to technology scaling and electronic systems miniaturization for the next decade. Despite ...
    by Published on 04-28-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Events
    -lin3-jpg

Last week was the Linley Mobile Conference. Mobile is a huge semiconductor market and, outside of Intel, is the main driver for next generation process technologies. A new generation of mobile phones comes along, fills the leading edge fabs for a year or two and then ...
    by Published on 04-27-2015 06:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Semiconductor IP,
    4. Semiconductor Events
    -keynotelogos-jpg

What an exciting year for DAC with record submissions in nearly every category. Most impressive is the increase in Designer and IP Track submissions, ...
    by Published on 04-23-2015 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Semiconductor IP,
    4. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    -top10_list-jpg

Itís true that Japan was once the center of semiconductor business and we were carrying on with that perception until recently. In 1990, six out of top10 semiconductor companies (excluding pure-play foundries) were in Japan; and 59% of worldwide semiconductor market was concentrated ...
    by Published on 04-23-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Events
    -itfbrussels-jpg

I like to quiz people on which country is the one where the most leading edge research on semiconductors is done. People reflexively answer USA or maybe Taiwan or Japan. Nobody who doesn't already know the answer would pick Belgium. After all the EU headquarters ...
    by Published on 04-21-2015 05:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Semiconductor IP,
    4. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    -1t_sensor_chris_wasden-jpg

From several literatures, talks in the semiconductor industry, forecasts, and BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals), specifically in the context of IoT (Internet of Things) and IoE (Internet of Everything), we have been looking forward to a world with ...
    Published on 04-20-2015 05:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mobile,
    4. IoT Internet of Things
    -blog-image-ball_roby-jpg

The increasing number of interconnected devices grows day by day and has slowly begun expansion into other consumer products. The need for safe, efficient, and reliable systems that meet modern user expectations has become increasingly important ...
    Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast