You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 10-03-2014 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Intel,
    4. Mobile
    content/attachments/12166-star-trek-into-darkness.jpg

It was CES 2011 when Steve Ballmer sweatered up and pitched the coming universe according to Microsoft, where the same Windows base would run on everything – PC, phone, tablet, and game console. Getting from that visionary statement to Windows 10 hasn’t been a smooth ride. ...
    by Published on 09-23-2014 12:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    content/attachments/12084-mp1_fotor.jpg

I was in Tanzania a few weeks ago. One of the conceits that we have in the US is that we lead the world in technology. That is true in many areas but in mobile the US is a laggard. Just look at the fuss made about NFC payments in the new iPhone given that Japan had mobile ...
    by Published on 09-21-2014 11:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    content/attachments/12073-signoff-corner-numbers.jpg

Semiconductor companies continue to use the traditional corner-based signoff approach that has been developed more than 40+ years ago and has since remained mainly unchanged as an industry paradigm. Initially it had 2 corners, namely ...
    by Published on 09-19-2014 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/12061-americas-cup-oracle.jpg

Larry Ellison resigning as CEO of Oracle caught me by surprise. I definitely did not see that one coming. Talk about the end of an era, as a 30+ year Silicon Valley veteran there have been quite a few industry icons ...
    by Published on 09-18-2014 08:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    content/attachments/12048-anitoa-1.jpg

The recent outbreak of Ebola in West Africa underscores the urgent need for globally affordable tools to help fight infectious diseases. Among these, a method to rapidly and accurately identify the infectious pathogen is of particular importance.

by Published on 09-13-2014 05:25 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/12025-img_1051_fotor.jpg

We made it! I have stood on the highest point in Africa, Uhuru Peak of Kilimanjaro.

Obviously this blog entry is totally off-topic. If you want to read about semiconductors and stuff, you can skip it.

So how do you get to the top of a nearly 20,000’ mountain? Slowly. ...
    by Published on 09-11-2014 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/12015-ice-delivery.jpg

With four children entering the job market I have a very simple piece of advice: DO NOT RUN FROM TECHNOLOGY, EMBRACE IT! Smartphones are now a “natural” part of modern life. We work on them, we ...
    by Published on 09-09-2014 04:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    content/attachments/12002-iphone-6.jpg

In America the popular press talks almost non-stop about: Disasters, politicians, celebrities and Apple. Yes, Apple. Today I watched the live cast of the new Apple product announcements.

iPhone 6
    First, the see things differently video started playing, then the live stream died so I had to turn over to CNET where they were live commenting. 30 years ago the first Macintosh computer with iconic mouse-based graphical user interface, ...
    by Published on 09-05-2014 06:01 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/11971-img_1381_fotor.jpg

For several weeks I have been trying to put out one blog per day rather than being like London buses where there are none for ages and then three come along at once. Or SFMuni buses for that matter. This week has ...
    by Published on 09-02-2014 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    content/attachments/11944-surgeon.jpg

Last year or earlier (when it was in the making), when I first heard of Google Glass, I was of the opinion that it’s yet another device with a screen in front of your eyes, with wearable glasses through which you can see the virtual extension of reality you are interacting ...

Page 6 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12