You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 05-09-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile,
    3. IoT Internet of Things
    Article Preview

Today, the wearable device market is a nascent, but growing one. There are about 160 unique wearable devices on the market, and IDTechEx predicts wearables will grow to a $70 billion market in the next ten years. The future of wearables, which includes activity trackers, smartwatches, smartglasses and embedded sensors in clothing, is quickly evolving and changing to ...
    by Published on 05-08-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Cadence Digital Flow-car-leasing-car-sharing-dont-mix-jpg

Not to be outdone by General Motors with its investment in Lyft, its acquisition of Cruise and its launch of Maven, BMW is in the process of relaunching and expanding the DriveNow car share service in the U.S. and may soon provide aftermarket hardware to enable Mini lessees to rent their cars, ...
    by Published on 05-08-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: CEVA-MM3101 DSP IP core, provides OEM and chip makers full control over image applications, in SW-image_sensor-min-jpg

Last year IC Insights forecasted IOT semiconductor growth rate to be around 19% CAGR for next five years. And within that space, the O-S-D (Optoelectronics, Sensors, and Discrete) semiconductors were expected to grow at a CAGR of 26%, one among ...
    by Published on 05-07-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile,
    3. Automotive
    Article: How the Apple-Samsung Duel Will Lead to Wintel 2.0-elan-musk-tim-cook-jpg

Apple's dismal earnings announcement shows why it badly needs to rethink its innovation model and leadership. Its last breakthrough innovation was the iPhone ó which was released in 2007. Since then, Apple has simply been tweaking its componentry, adding faster processors ...
    by Published on 05-06-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile,
    3. IoT Internet of Things,
    4. Security
    Article: A Brief History of EDA-neuron-min-jpeg

Neural nets are hot these days. In this forum certainly you can't swing a cat without hitting multiple articles on the topic - I've written some myself. For me there are two reasons for this interest. First, neural nets are amazingly successful at ...
    by Published on 05-06-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    CBRAM Technology Wiki-dac-min-jpg

I'm attending the 53rd Design Automation Conference (DAC) in Austin, Texas starting June 5th, and there are at least seven reasons that you should consider attending as well. For decades now DAC has been the premier place for all the players in our semiconductor ecosystem to get together: Academics, Commercial vendors in EDA, foundries, semiconductor IP, and media.

by Published on 05-05-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Silicon Photonics
    Article Preview

Back in 1983 I was working for Texas Instruments during the beginning of the push to let common electrical engineers develop their own CMOS application specific ICs (ASICs). This would eventually the be the fuel that ...
    by Published on 05-05-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ARM,
    4. Mobile
    Article Preview

Last Thursday at Qualcomm's Financial Analyst Day the company made a slew of chip announcements ranging from the industry's 1 Gbps wireless LTE modem to a custom designed smartwatch SoC and platform called "Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC". In between those, Qualcomm also announced ...
    by Published on 05-03-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: A Brief History of EDA-silicon-valley-map-jpg

A trait shared by the fastest growing and most disruptive companies in history - Google, Amazon, Uber, AirBnb, and eBay - is that they aren't focused on selling products, they are building platforms. The ability to leverage the network effects of a platform is something that the technology ...
    by Published on 05-01-2016 06:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Silicon Photonics
    Article: A Brief History of the Fabless Semiconductor Industry-mind_the_gap-jpg

I've been doing a lot of reading on silicon photonics lately and I've come to realize that while there is much written on the development of individual silicon photonic components and devices (modulators, ...
    Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast