You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 10-28-2015 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    Strength of CEVA DSP vs.  competitors-weibull-plot-jpg

Competition in the semiconductor product marketplace has grown increasingly difficult as suppliers constantly search for ways to differentiate their products. Customers expect low cost, problem-free product performance. Automotive manufacturers in particular ...
    by Published on 10-27-2015 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ARM
    Article: How to Use Those Licenses Effectively-do-8-core-socs-matter-jpg

As the smartphone industry has begun to mature, one-upmanship among smartphone manufacturers and SoC vendors has bred a dangerous trend: ever-increasing processor core counts and the association between increased CPU core count and greater ...
    by Published on 10-25-2015 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: How many languages an Engineer should speak?-edagcover-sw-jpg

Last month we offered a free PDF version of our book "Fabless: The Transformation of the Semiconductor Industry", for the greater good. More than thirteen thousand people have downloaded it thus far so we would like to keep the momentum going with another book giveaway. Paul McLellan has graciously offered his book on EDA so here we go again:
    by Published on 10-21-2015 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    Article: A DAC Update from Mentor Graphics on IC Layout and Circuit Simulation Tools-epiwatch-jpg

In recent years, excessive cold or heat in particular regions of the world has become a regular phenomenon; it reminds me about a movie I saw a couple of years ago, “The Day After Tomorrow” in which the whole Manhattan was shown covered with ice. Can’t ...
    by Published on 10-20-2015 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Intel,
    4. TSMC,
    5. Samsung Foundry
    Article: TSMC Theater Presentation: Berkeley Design Automation!-apple-samsung-tsmc-intel-png

Recent reports have Intel displacing Qualcomm as the modem supplier and TSMC as the foundry for the next Apple A10 SoC. That is if you call this a credible report: ...
    by Published on 10-20-2015 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. STMicroelectronics,
    4. Samsung Foundry
    Article: How many languages an Engineer should speak?-fdsoi-cost-analysis-jpg

One of the most frequently discussed concerns regarding FDSOI adoption is the higher starting wafer cost compared to bulk technology. This discussion was also brought up after my earlier post, ...
    by Published on 10-19-2015 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: TSMC 28nm is Fabulous! TSM Stock is not so Fabulous!-screen-fire-jpg

You may have heard of the Landauer principle or the Landauer limit. This defines a lower bound on switching power dissipation in any form of digital circuit. Rolf Landauer first presented this principle in 1961, while working at IBM. ...
    by Published on 10-18-2015 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    Article: President Obama at DAC 2012-sam_gear_s2-jpg

The wave of new and improved smartwatches started this year. Apple launched its first smartwatch in April. Several other players including Motorola, LG, ASUS, and Huawei have launched their new smartwatches this year. Sony launched its latest ‘SmartWatch ...
    by Published on 10-14-2015 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Open Source Hardware-wirble-jpg

A Wirble
    In case you hadn’t noticed, I like to write from time to time about EDA product ideas. I assume these are somewhat original, but given the maxim “there’s nothing new under the sun…”, I may well be wrong. In any event, I like to share these ideas if only to demonstrate ...
    by Published on 10-12-2015 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    Article: Press at DAC-michael-marcus-jpg

Wi-Fi is the unsung hero of the mobile revolution. Some people even call it the real Internet. In retrospect, smartphones took off partly because Apple forced mobile operators to seriously consider handsets with Wi-Fi capabilities. Now Wi-Fi is an intrinsic networking component serving smartphones, tablets and notebook computers in home, office and public environments.

The origins of Wi-Fi can be traced ...
    Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast