You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 11-05-2014 05:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    content/attachments/12440-os.jpg

On Sunday in the USA we changed our clocks back one hour to account for Daylight Savings Time and I was reminded of how far we have to go in getting all of our devices to understand and automatically account for the time. Despite all of the talk about IoT and how it has the promise to automate our lives, we still have to manually set the time. Here's ...
    by Published on 11-05-2014 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    content/attachments/12452-does-not-play-well-others.jpg

As you may have read, the CEO of Ultratech made some unfortunate statements on the recent quarterly conference call in regards to FinFET Yield. As a result there has been a lot of speculation about the who, what, and why. I blogged ...
    by Published on 11-02-2014 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    content/attachments/12424-52daclogo.jpg

DAC is coming up. OK, it's not actually until next June. It is June 7-11th 2015 at the Moscone Center here in San Francisco. But there are lots of important deadlines coming up for papers, panels and more. The 52nd DAC will focus on five key tracks:
    • automotive
    • IP design
    • embedded systems
    • hardware/software security
    • electronic design automation (EDA)

I bet we are going to hear a lot about ...
    by Published on 11-01-2014 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ARM,
    4. Cadence,
    5. Imagination Technologies,
    6. Sonics,
    7. Synopsys,
    8. STMicroelectronics,
    9. Events
    content/attachments/12418-ip-soc-2014.jpg

Will you go to Grenoble next week to attend to IP-SoC? I will do it and will certainly listen to these Keynote Talks:

by Published on 10-29-2014 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    4. ARM,
    5. Atmel
    content/attachments/12373-da-vinci-2.1-aio.jpg

The world is changing and IC companies need to adapt to this to stay competitive — moving to systems (hardware and software) vs. just product (hardware). Three key trends that are underway that change the way IC vendors need to think about their customer ...
    by Published on 10-26-2014 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    content/attachments/12348-adamandevemichelangelo.jpg

A tremendous froth of press and promotion has arisen in the last year concerning the Internet of Things. Nearly every High ...
    by Published on 10-24-2014 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    content/attachments/12256-astc0.jpg

When I worked for VaST our engineering was in Sydney Australia. To my surprise there was another, entirely independent, group working on virtual platform modeling and tools in another place in Australia, in Adelaide. Is there something in the Fosters? They had originally been part of Motorola Corporate ...
    by Published on 10-21-2014 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    content/attachments/12307-iot_processor.jpg

Due to increasing proliferation of sensors in our everyday lives, evolution of IoT is natural. The mix of different building blocks with different speed-power-performance constraints makes IoT as the hottest upcoming application ...
    by Published on 10-21-2014 06:01 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Semiconductor IP
    content/attachments/12303-lucio-lanza.jpg

Lucio Lanza is this year’s recipient of the Kaufman award. Unlike most recipients, Lucio worked closely with Phil Kaufman earlier in his career. I met with him at his office in Palo Alto to hear the story.

Even if you have never met him, it would be a reasonable ...
    by Published on 10-20-2014 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    content/attachments/12279-puls-music.jpg

The tie between rock artists and technology isn’t new. One of the first prominent rockers-turned-entrepreneurs is Tom Scholz of Boston, an engineer who has a couple MIT degrees and several patents to his name. Neil Young is currently out with Pono, attempting to make a higher-resolution audio format based on FLAC encoding to get past the overly compressed and clipped fare standard with MP3s.

When Intel announced Will.i.am as director of creative innovation at CES 2011, a few heads turned. ...

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10