You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 02-24-2015 08:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    -exynos-14nm-jpg

There is quite a debate raging on whether Samsung Foundry is truly in production at 14nm. The word amongst the fabless semiconductor ecosystem is yes and this comes from two very large fabless companies that are reportedly using Samsung for 14nm and have even started looking at Samsung 10nm. Of course you can Google for stories by the foreign press about ...
    by Published on 02-24-2015 03:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Intel,
    4. TSMC
    -asml-euv-jpg

• ASML making progress - but is it fast enough?
    • ASML has missed 10nm , can it catch 7nm? An economic question
    • Day one at SPIE- Better tone than last year but still cautious

1000 simulated wafers versus 700 simulated
    At the opening of the SPIE conference ASML announced that TSMC had reached 1000 wafers a day "exposed" (not printed or produced) by TSMC.
    by Published on 02-22-2015 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General,
    3. IoT Internet of Things
    -chromecast-jpg

Our household members own both Apple and Android devices, so we wanted a way to share our photos or videos on the Samsung TV. The device we ended up buying is called Chromecast from Google, and it's a small media streaming device that plugs into an HDMI port on our TV. We've had Chromecast for about six weeks now.

by Published on 02-21-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP
    -ptab21515-jpg

Companies with significant investment in their patent portfolios have recently faced a harsh reality: their intellectual property has become a collection of paper with large targets on them. Taking aim is the US Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Trials and Appeal Board (PTAB), and recent figures on dismissed claims shows that the Board’s aim is not only true, but often deadly.

Since the September 2012 onset of the Leahy-Smith ...
    by Published on 02-19-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article Preview

Last weekend I wrote about the Applied Materials earnings call. And over the last couple of years I’ve written about lots of other earnings calls. Most people have never been on an earnings call, I mean in the conference room where the ...
    by Published on 02-17-2015 04:58 PM
    1. Categories:
    -free0-jpg

It is impossible to keep a secret in this business. Everyone knows that Freescale is being shopped around and there is interest.

From Yahoo Finance:
    The parties that Freescale is speaking to ...
    by Published on 02-17-2015 04:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    -ge_finfet-jpg

‘Laughing Buddha’ is eternal, but for semiconductor industry, I must say it’s ‘laughing Moore’. Moore made a predictive hypothesis and the whole world is inclined to let that continue, eternally? When we were at 28nm, we weren’t hoping to go beyond 20/22nm; voices like ...
    by Published on 02-17-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    -apsam-jpg

The numbers are in now and so we can look at the top suppliers into the mobile market for 2014, and then a look out to what the future might bring. Before getting to the companies it is worth looking just how dominant the Chinese market ...
    by Published on 02-16-2015 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. IoT Internet of Things
    -iot_secure-jpg

In my last blog "Processor for IoT" I have discussed security as one of the key requirements for processor used in IoT devices. In this blog we will analyze different method of hacking and some techniques which can be used to prevent ...
    by Published on 02-15-2015 07:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    -appliedlogo-jpg

The Applied Materials earnings call was last week. As usual I''m not all that interested in the financial details of the quarter and I'm certainly not the person to pick whether the stock is going to go up or down in the immediate future. ...
    Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast