You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 08-11-2015 05:00 AM  Number of Views: 1034 
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. General
    Article: San Francisco Bars-lsflogo-jpg

When I drive down to Silicon Valley I usually listen to podcasts rather than just listen to the radio. One that I especially like is Russ Robert's EconTalk, which has an hour-long episode every Monday morning on a wide range of different aspects of Economics. ...
    by Published on 08-10-2015 10:00 AM  Number of Views: 776 
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    Who will Apple partner with at 20nm: TSMC, Intel, Both, or Neither?-benefon-jpg

Benefon, one of the GSM pioneers, was the first handset maker to marry cellular with GPS in response to the European Unions Mobile Rescue Phone (MORE) project during the mid-1990s. The result of this ambitious effort was the launch of the Benefon Esc! phone in late 1999 and Benefon Track device in 2000.

The Esc! phone was splash-proof and featured ...
    by Published on 08-09-2015 05:00 AM  Number of Views: 1099 
    1. Categories:
    2. General,
    3. Mobile
    Article: Sagantec Update: More EDA Consolidation!-nsq7ip-b88481167z-120150807115923000gsbbabk2-10-jpg

Virtual Reality (VR) is such a hot technology concept right now that the topic has made the cover of Time, Wired and Forbes magazines this year, along with countless online articles. What really captured my attention was that moment in 2014 when Facebook acquired VR startup Oculus for $2B, yes that is billions of dollars. The last ...
    by Published on 08-06-2015 10:00 AM  Number of Views: 3959 
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: TSMC absolutely did NOT halt 28nm production!-eda-tool-reviews-jpg

One of the things I enjoy reading is a product review by an actual user of the product. Im not talking about a review written by a stealthy PR person and put through an approval cycle then posted under the users name. Im taking ...
    by Published on 08-05-2015 10:00 AM  Number of Views: 4936 
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mobile,
    4. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: TSMC 20nm Challenges!-qcomm_steve-mollenkopf-jpg

Dear Steve,

Let me first clarify about myself that I am a humble blogger at Semiwiki and admire your company as the #1 Semiconductor Fabless Company and #4 in terms of overall semiconductor sales of the top10 semiconductor companies in the world as per 2014 data. Also, I must mention ...
    by Published on 08-04-2015 05:00 AM  Number of Views: 2223 
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Mobile,
    4. Samsung Foundry
    Article: IC Reliability and Prevention During Design with EDA Tools-galaxy6s-jpg

Samsung, #1 in the mobile phones based on unit shipments, has two big problems in mobile. Apple's iPhone; and China in general and Huawei in particular in the Android world where they live. They have just announced their fifth ...
    by Published on 08-02-2015 06:00 PM  Number of Views: 1681 
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Semiconductor IP,
    4. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    5. General,
    6. IoT Internet of Things
    Verification claims 70% of the chip design schedule!-manda-jpg

About 3 years ago, I had written an article about consolidation in the semiconductor landscape where I had articulated 4 main reasons of consolidation Macroeconomics, Business Leadership, Technology Leadership, and IP leadership. Back then, based on the state of affairs in the semiconductor industry, I had also mentioned about my perceived notion that more mergers & acquisitions would be happening in near future. Today, we are s ...
    by Published on 07-30-2015 10:00 AM  Number of Views: 1503 
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: Where to eat lunch or get a beer at DAC-freescale_iot_overview-jpg

The IoT (Internet of Things) is not one product, technology, segment, or market. Its a combination of many things, many markets, and many technologies. However, its one thing that needs to connect everything together; edge device to gateway to cloud. That brings the complexity, hows that possible ...
    by Published on 07-29-2015 05:00 AM  Number of Views: 655 
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: 20nm IC Design at IBM using Cadence Tools-antiportfolio-jpg

Last week Charlie Cheng of Kilopass wrote about venture capital for semiconductor. This reminded me of something amusing that I came across years ago.

See also VC For Semiconductor: Dead or Alive?

All VCs have a portfolio page and often a ...
    by Published on 07-28-2015 02:00 PM  Number of Views: 1208 
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    Article: Formal Verification, there's an App for that-1929-stock-market-crash-jpg

Are Semi Equipment Stocks & Industry Rolling Over?
    Is there any Upside in the second half of 2015?
    Waiting for next years iPhone 7 refresh?
    Does Windows 10 even matter?

"Sell in May and Go Away"

An old investor's adage that has proven correct this year. The Semiconductor Equipment stocks seemed to have had a nice run up after reporting Q1 numbers in April which propelled the stocks higher into the first
    Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast