You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 03-19-2013 06:10 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/6533-chart.jpg

The cell phone phenomena has catalyzed the technology growth and coaxed the hardware and software to work more closely. ...
    by Published on 03-18-2013 01:49 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/6529-st-ericsson-jolla-sailfish1.jpg

So Ericsson Mobile Platforms is to be shut down, with the loss of around 1600 jobs. Not to mention billions of dollars that ST and Ericsson sunk into the joint venture in an attempt to create a competitor to Qualcomm.

The history actually goes back a bit further. Nokia originally had an internal semiconductor design group and in 2007 they decided to get out of doing their own chip design and ...
    Published on 03-17-2013 06:10 PM
    content/attachments/6510-schematic1.jpg

A dedicated schematic migration tool can save weeks of effort and allow companies to explore new foundry opportunities. Unfortunately moving analog and mixed signal design data between foundries and processes is a complex business. While engineers would rather spend their days creating new circuits, many spend time translating existing designs by re-creating their data using components from new process design kits (PDKs).

Translating design data is usually a complex ...
    by Published on 03-13-2013 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/6438-1.jpg

46 years in Computing, 1945-1991

Margaret (Kampschaefer) Butler was a pioneer in technology, a ground-breaking woman who graduated with a B.S in Mathematics and Statistics in 1944, and followed a fascinating career path in the public sector starting in the earliest days of computers and nuclear energy. One of the early female “computers,” she worked on the first atomic submarine. She also spent time overseas after WW II as an employee of the U.S. military. At Argonne National Laboratory, where she spent many years, Margaret worked with the AVIDAC, ORACLE, GEORGE, UNIVAC, and more, in the formative days of computing.
    by Published on 03-12-2013 05:52 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. General
    content/attachments/6462-samsung-galaxy-s-darth-vader-star-wars-300x200.jpg

The keynotes at CDNLive today were very interesting, but rather than cover the slides and bullet points let me share with you my personal view of Samsung and how they are changing the semiconductor industry. Before I continue remember I’m just a blogger who shares observations, experiences, and opinions. This blog is for entertainment purposes and ...
    Published on 03-01-2013 09:38 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/6343-productivity-vs-wages.jpg

As failure analysis engineers for companies, our job is to find the root cause of failure and recommend changes in design, process, tests, etc. to fix the problem. This type of analysis has become an important part of semiconductor mass production, which makes electronics cheaper and affordable for consumers. At the same time, mass production helps the manufacturer / producer of parts by increasing their profits. ...
    by Published on 02-25-2013 11:08 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/6283-microscope_samsung_qualcomm.jpg

I recently blogged about the actions filed by Tela Innovations at both the US International Trade Commission (USITC) and in federal district court. Those actions allege that five mobile phone manufacturers -HTC, LG, Motorola Mobility, Pantech, and Nokia - were importing handsets into the US which infringed on seven of Tela’s patents. After ...
    by Published on 02-17-2013 05:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/6214-cr_tm_rt.jpg

A few years ago I was having breakfast with Jim Hogan at our favorite place to meet in Los Gatos. I was CEO of Polyteda and Jim was Chairman so we always had plenty to talk about. This time, however, the talk had turned to protecting a company’s intellectual property (IP). Jim had brought up the topic in the context of the looming legal battle ...
    by Published on 02-13-2013 06:25 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/6207-img1.jpg

This article tries to bring out the advantages of having a functional check list. The objective is to make verification ...
    by Published on 02-12-2013 08:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/6184-chart1.jpg

Any article or blog on mobile phones talks about the ongoing battle between Apple and Samsung or the never ending struggle ...

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27