You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 05-28-2013 07:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    content/attachments/7408-mathias_silvant.jpg

Mathias Silvant’s EdXact deals with the nasty stuff: All those parasitics that clutter post-layout netlists. In brief, ...
    by Published on 05-23-2013 11:02 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7378-rtpizza.jpg

There is a lot of talk about the Internet of Things (IoT) about how everything is going to be connected to the internet. For some reason the archetypal example is a refrigerator that knows what you are nearly out of and puts it on your shopping list. Or orders it from the store. Or something. This seems like pretty ...
    by Published on 05-22-2013 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7335-meetingprocess.jpg

Just as a disciplined flow is crucial in design – you would not think of starting Place and Route before writing the RTL ...
    by Published on 05-20-2013 01:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7314-checklist_on_clipboard.png

With DAC approaching, it is a good time for both EDA companies and their customers to take a deeper look at the evaluation process of EDA tools, and how EDA companies position their tools. I hope this is useful for customers and vendors alike.

When it comes to positioning EDA tools in the marketplace there are really only three meaningful measurement ...
    by Published on 05-19-2013 07:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7230-file1-reg_time.jpg

It goes without saying that registers play a vital role in designing any ASIC, FPGA, SoC or System. In today’s world, while designing SoC with multiple IPs and functionalities on the same chip, registers stay at the heart of the design right from the architectural level as they are used for key interfaces between hardware, software, firmware and even IPs. ...
    by Published on 05-17-2013 05:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7278-5g_antenae.jpg

Early in this week, I was reading news about Samsung announcing its breakthrough 5G mmWave technology. Well, this can bring fastest smart phone in the world which could enable several functions of day-to-day life and become revolutionary. The technology is not ready for commercial use, its building blocks seems to be working. There is an article by Ed SutherlandSamsung unveils 5G mmWave ...
    by Published on 05-17-2013 03:21 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7284-steve-svoboda.jpg

My IC design career started at Intel with DRAM chips, so I'm very familiar with clockless design because we used self-timed techniques to get maximum performance. I remember blogging about an asynchronous design company called Tiempo back in 2010, while blogging at Chip Design Magazine. A few weeks ago there was a press release that caught me eye: French Consortium Announces Development of a Clockless SMARTcard chip. Steve Svoboda is my contact at Tiempo and he sent me an email, which turned into a blog interview to satisfy my curiosity.

Steve Svoboda, Tiempo
    by Published on 05-15-2013 10:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7231-advs_srnms_wpaper.jpg

Synthesised Real Number Models (SRNM) are particularly well-adapted for the verification of imaging ICs. They offer a combination ...
    by Published on 05-14-2013 02:37 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7237-jd1.jpg

I went to some of the JEDEC mobile conference a couple of weeks ago. The opening keynote was by Richard Wietfeld of Qualcomm called The Need for Speed.

He emphasized that smartphones are really setting the pace these days in all things mobile and internet. Over 1/3 of access is on smartphones now. Over 4/5 of searches on smartphones are spontaneous, half of smartphone ...
    by Published on 05-06-2013 04:38 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article Preview

There's a one-person EDA start-up called iSchematics.com that offers schematic capture and cloud-based simulation for both web browsers and mobile devices like the iPhone and iPad that is being sued. I've blogged about their EDA tools before:

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27