You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 07-27-2013 10:08 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/8085-introvlsi_meadconway.jpg

If you are my age, you know that the most influential book in that era on VLSI design was Carver Mead and Lynn Conway's textbook, blah VLSI blah. Nobody can remember exactly what its title was, it was just referred to as Mead and Conway. In my opinion it was the most influential book on semiconductor design ever. It opened up VLSI design to computer scientists, ...
    by Published on 07-20-2013 12:49 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/8005-deepchip-publish-count.jpg

I blogged seven months ago about the tremendous growth of SemiWiki compared to our friend John Cooley's site DeepChip. SemiWiki started out in January 2011 and probably caused DeepChip to start increasing their content to try and catch up. Let's look at the numbers at DeepChip to see how often publishing happens:

Source: Alexa.com ...
    by Published on 07-18-2013 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7959-gps-dbppt.jpg

Hands up! When preparing a customer presentation, who uses GPS and who uses a MAP?

I thought so. Almost everyone
    by Published on 07-16-2013 02:59 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7943-novati2.jpg

Novati is a semiconductor company that you probably haven't heard of. It has its roots in Sematech back when Sematech was mainly in Austin rather than New York where it is today. The Sematech fab first became an independent company and then acquired by SVTC and operated under that name for 4 years. Finally, last the investors pulled the plug and SVTC ...
    by Published on 07-11-2013 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7914-page-spaceship.jpg

When I arrived for the first day of a 2-year “coaching skills” training course some time ago, I thought that I had stumbled ...
    by Published on 07-07-2013 10:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7890-ios-7-concept-simply-zesty.jpg

We have entered the Summer lull, the quiet period before what is likely to be Apple’s largest volume launch of smartphones ever. While the launches are coming in like clockwork, it is the magnitude of the ramp that is likely to surprise many and it will be due not just to the features of iOS7, but also to the adoption of a well-worn Microsoft strategy. ...
    by Published on 07-07-2013 11:11 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7878-file1-canon_mem.jpg

It was a nice break after my vacation, indulging into some of the pure science stuff, when an old colleague of mine, Dr. Gaurav Gandhi, founder of mLabs in Delhi came across introducing me to his new research and possible developments in this field. Gaurav was actually in my product validation team while I was at Cadence, very passionate about getting deep into technology and doing things in newer ways.

I was delighted to know details about Memristor ...
    by Published on 07-02-2013 01:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7850-san-diego-038.jpg

The following is a brief summery of an article co authored by SemiWiki member Apek Mulay. It is definitely worth a read when you get a chance:

Globalization of Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry: From Deception to Reformation Towards Recovering US Macro-Micro Economic Losses

During the recent recession (since 2007), ...
    by Published on 06-30-2013 07:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7765-pac-piccy-colored.jpg

When an Applications Engineer's (AE's) response to customer anger is more anger, things can get rapidly out of control. ...
    by Published on 06-10-2013 08:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    content/attachments/7578-whiteboard-dy.jpg

I would like to discuss one of my favorite tools for field encounters - Discover-Y (pronounced “discovery” or “discover ...

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27