You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 08-24-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. FPGA,
    3. Xilinx
    Article: TSMC Tops Intel, Samsung in Capacity!-nikweek-jpg

Being from Britain, NI always means Northern Ireland when I see it. After all the official name of my country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, giving us the same problem as the United States of America, the full name is a mouthful. ...
    by Published on 08-23-2015 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Intel,
    4. General,
    5. Mobile
    Article: DSP IP core? CEVA is the undisputed worldwide leader, with 70% market share-apple-jpg

Before we left for our 5 week trip to Europe I decided that I would need a real laptop computer on the road. I knew it would be a near necessity for booking hotels and making train reservations. Also, I would need to write emails and maybe even pay some online bills. I already have an iPad but really wanted to be able to run all my applications ...
    by Published on 08-23-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: Analyzing Cortex Performance-book-cover-paradigm-shift-jpg

A Paradigm Shift
    The word “paradigm” is defined in the dictionary as “a framework containing the basic assumptions, ways of thinking, and methodology ...
    by Published on 08-19-2015 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. General
    Article: TSMC Tops Intel, Samsung in Capacity!-image1-jpeg

Yes, today I realize it feels like a tryst with semiconductors. In actual meaning; it wasn’t a love affair with semiconductors, but I must say the greatest thing it taught me about how it approaches towards perfection. And that became the guiding principle ...
    by Published on 08-19-2015 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General,
    3. Mobile,
    4. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: TSMC Tops Intel, Samsung in Capacity!-dsc01065-jpg

We hear a lot of talk about the internet improving our lives, but most of the time this translates into time spent on FaceBook, shopping on Amazon or other distractions. However, on our just completed trip to Europe I discovered how mobile internet connectivity can transform the experience of ...
    by Published on 08-17-2015 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Only slight growth in 2012 semiconductor market-fortune-unicorn-jpg

As birthday #55 rapidly approaches I say to myself: Self, if I were dying what would be my regrets? The first thing I did was ask The Google because I’m not coming up with anything really interesting myself. Also, it really isn’t ...
    by Published on 08-16-2015 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: Intel Foundry All Hat No Cattle?-autonomous-vehicle-using-lidar-jpg

GaN technology is disruptive, in the best sense of the word, making possible what was once thought to be impossible – eGaN® technology is 10 times faster, significantly smaller, and with higher performance at costs comparable to silicon-based MOSFETs. The inevitability of GaN displacing the aging power MOSFET is becoming clearer with domination of most existing applications and enabling new ones.

This posting highlights the contribution GaN technology
    by Published on 08-16-2015 02:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mobile
    Article: First Time Companies at DAC-snapdragon-820-jpg

Qualcomm's new system-on-chip (SoC), Snapdragon 820, has come out with a few technical details, and it's already making waves with its impressive GPU features and a powerful camera engine. At the same time, however, a couple of industry bytes have clouded the Snapdragon 820 launch fanfare.

First, Apple's new iPhone, expected to be launched ...
    by Published on 08-14-2015 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: DAC: Chevy Volt Teardown-dvcon-india-2015-banner-semiwiki-jpg

After its successful launch last year, the “Design and Verification Conference & Exhibition India” (DVCon India) will be held on Sept 10 – 11 in Bangalore. ...
    by Published on 08-14-2015 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General,
    3. Mobile
    Verification claims 70% of the chip design schedule!-jk-shin-samsung-jpg

Apple announces their new products with much media attention to an audience of enthusiastic attendees, along with a live stream to all of us on the Internet who couldn't be there in person. Samsung is following that same marketing playbook and today hosted an event in New York dubbed, "Everything Galaxy Unpacked 2015" introduced by JK Shin, the President & CEO of Samsung Electronics himself. ...
    Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast