You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 12-17-2014 06:30 AM
    content/attachments/12793-green-car-cuba.jpg

We are writing technical blogs all along the year, sometime itís good to write about something completely different. Donít worry, I donít plan to write any geo-political analysis, neither propose tourism advertising for Cuba. I just wish ...
    by Published on 12-11-2014 07:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    content/attachments/12744-3d-1.jpg

I have been at the 3D ASIP conference that is held every year in Burlingame. It is far and away the best place to get a snapshot on what is going on in 3D (and 2.5D) IC design each year. One of the presentations was by the guys from Yole on where the industry is right now. Other presentations ...
    by Published on 12-10-2014 06:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Mobile
    content/attachments/12710-idt-rapidio.jpg

The global rollout of fourth-generation wireless (4G) infrastructure requires new architectural frameworks for RF devices with demands like high linearity. Integrated Device Technology (IDT) Inc. is confident that its high-performance RF solutions for high-bandwidth communications will open a new window ...
    by Published on 12-09-2014 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile,
    3. IoT Internet of Things
    content/attachments/12719-ic_sale_share.jpg

Whenever a market matures, either it gets plagued by substitutes or it looks for complementary products or technologies which can fuel its maturation curve into further growth opportunities. While PCs and Notebooks got substituted by smartphones, ...
    by Published on 12-08-2014 01:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    content/attachments/12711-m-weiser.jpg

The Internet of Things (IoT) is apparently the next big thing, but it tends to appear in different ways to different people. To some itís all about connectivity of the web of devices and to other itís synonymous with sensors and wearable devices. And the scope of IoT is expanding by the dayóto smart lighting, smart thermostats, smart homes, and smart buildings. Even cameras and cars are increasingly being seen under the IoT fold.
    by Published on 12-04-2014 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    content/attachments/12690-svb_headquarters.jpg

As exciting as the Internet of Things (IoT) is, the question of how and which companies stand to make money in this market remains. From previous waves of internet markets we have seen surprising wins and epic loses. How is the ...
    by Published on 12-03-2014 08:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    content/attachments/12689-everyone-has-plan-until.jpg

It looks like even President Obama is on the IoT bandwagon now with his $263M in matching funds for state and local police body cameras and training. It is a shame that it took a tragic event to spur this ...
    by Published on 12-01-2014 03:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    content/attachments/12686-old.jpg

I'm an exercise junkie. I'm also not a spring chicken so I like having the time on my wrist. I've been anxiously awaiting an iWatch to go with my iPhone 6. As patience is not a virtue of mine, and the iWatch is rumored ...
    by Published on 12-01-2014 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    content/attachments/12681-hyhy9974_lobby_2_h.jpg

Every year in December is what I think of as the main 3D IC conference where you can get up to speed on all the latest. Officially it is called 3D Architectures for Semiconductor and Packaging or 3D ASIP. It is held in the Hyatt Regency in Burlingame (the one right by 101 near the airport). This year it is ...
    by Published on 11-27-2014 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    content/attachments/12573-casa_fotor_fotor.jpg

It is the holiday season so time to get together with your friends and colleagues in EDA, IP and semiconductor at the third annual event raising money for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) (www.casaofsantacruz.org). This is the third event that Heart of Technology ...

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8