For 22 years now Tanner EDA has been in the business pf offering tools for AMS and MEMS designers. I learned what's new at DAC on Tuesday morning.
Nicholas Williams Director of Product Management
Tanner EDA front end: S-Edit integrates with Berkeley Fast Analog Simulator
W-Edit is the waveform viewer
Who is Tanner full suite for custom IC design
- 22 years in industry
- AMS focus
- First on Windows (also Linux)
- 20K licenses, 67 Countries
S-Edit Schematics (Import Mentor and Cadence legacy data)
- Cross probe between schematics and layout
- Launch simulation, make measurements
Berkeley Analog Fast Spice (AFS)
- About 5 to 10X faster than SPICE
- 10M element capacity
W-Edit setup measurements
- Scripting for sophisticated measurements
- Built in measurement functions
Layout editor L-Edit
SDL schematic driven layout
HiPer DevGen layout generators
HiPer Verify Netlist extraction tool (Takes Calibre or Assura decks as inputs)
HiPer PX parasitic extraction
Why choose Tanner?
- Economic price
- Installed base
Why not your own Fast SPICE?
Easier to partner with a leader already.
Last year Hiper DevGen (Dublin based, IC Mask)
- This year added: Resistor arrays for matching, adding mosfet array generators, adding current mirrors
- Focus is on analog blocks
SDL read in netlist analyze it, find current mirrors, use Hiper Devgen automatically
Interactive DRC close enough to final rules, then HiPer Verfiy in batch to complete the layout verification
Open Access in integration now, L-edit is first, S-edit is next. PC based we donated technology that they didnt even have.
- Took more effort than anticipated.
- Working with Si2 to define what OA should be
- iDRC and iLVS are in the future, after L-edit and S-edit, waiting to be embraced
- IPL Constraints looking at that as well, designer notes, will be part of S-edit
- V16 is due in October and will be the first to support OA
iPDK Looks more practical than Open PDK
- In V17 this would be supported in 2012, beta by June 2012
Resell BDA tool 1st line of support,
OEM parasitic extraction tool (Tuo Delft in Netherlands, HiPer PX extraction)
- Hiper devgen
Tanner version scaled down version limited by processors and total elements, lighter version, token based
- Worldwide sales agreement
- First copy to be sold very soon
Fiscal Year 140 new customers in 2011
3D field solver as an upgrade
V16 multi user now available
OA realtime collaboration on the same database
ClioSoft what is the cost of this?