For 22 years now Tanner EDA has been in the business pf offering tools for AMS and MEMS designers. I learned what's new at DAC on Tuesday morning.
Nicholas Williams – Director of Product Management
Tanner EDA front end: S-Edit integrates with Berkeley Fast Analog Simulator
W-Edit – is the waveform viewer
Who is Tanner – full suite for custom IC design
- 22 years in industry
- AMS focus
- First on Windows (also Linux)
- 20K licenses, 67 Countries
S-Edit – Schematics (Import Mentor and Cadence legacy data)
- Cross probe between schematics and layout
- Launch simulation, make measurements
Berkeley Analog Fast Spice (AFS)
- About 5 to 10X faster than SPICE
- 10M element capacity
W-Edit – setup measurements
- Scripting for sophisticated measurements
- Built in measurement functions
Layout editor – L-Edit
SDL – schematic driven layout
HiPer DevGen – layout generators
HiPer Verify – Netlist extraction tool (Takes Calibre or Assura decks as inputs)
HiPer PX – parasitic extraction
Why choose Tanner?
- Economic price
- Installed base
Why not your own Fast SPICE?
Easier to partner with a leader already.
Last year – Hiper DevGen (Dublin based, IC Mask)
- This year added: Resistor arrays for matching, adding mosfet array generators, adding current mirrors
- Focus is on analog blocks
SDL – read in netlist analyze it, find current mirrors, use Hiper Devgen automatically
Interactive DRC – close enough to final rules, then HiPer Verfiy in batch to complete the layout verification
Open Access – in integration now, L-edit is first, S-edit is next. PC –based we donated technology that they didn’t even have.
- Took more effort than anticipated.
- Working with Si2 to define what OA should be
- iDRC and iLVS are in the future, after L-edit and S-edit, waiting to be embraced
- IPL Constraints – looking at that as well, designer notes, will be part of S-edit
- V16 is due in October and will be the first to support OA
iPDK – Looks more practical than Open PDK
- In V17 this would be supported in 2012, beta by June 2012
Resell BDA tool – 1st line of support,
OEM – parasitic extraction tool (Tuo Delft in Netherlands, HiPer PX extraction)
- Hiper devgen
Tanner version – scaled down version limited by processors and total elements, lighter version, token based
- Worldwide sales agreement
- First copy to be sold very soon
Fiscal Year – 140 new customers in 2011
3D field solver as an upgrade
V16 – multi user now available
OA – realtime collaboration on the same database
ClioSoft – what is the cost of this?