You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• CyberEDA adds a Transistor-Level Debugger

Intro
    I met with CK Lee, founder of Cyber EDA at his booth on Monday evening in San Diego. Last year I learned about their new SPICE circuit simulator named PCSIM, this year the new product is called ADDS-Debugger.

Semicoductor Market Outlook in 2011 - 2012-cyber-eda-monday.jpg

Notes

2010 Announced a debugger

2011 ADDS Debugger trace at the transistor level your design
    - Signal tracing
    - Post-layout debug
    Semicoductor Market Outlook in 2011 - 2012-adds-debugger.jpg

o Tracing which signal triggered that net that rose or fall?
    o Trace back to a Primary input
    o Cross-probe between auto-generated Schematic and the waveforms
    o Pricing: $50K per year
    - ADDS Wave
    o Pricing: $2K per year
    - PCSim
    o Pricing: $25K per year
    o Post-layout simulation speed improved, 3X
    o True SPICE simulator, flattened
    o Compete with HSPICE, SPectre, ELdo

Customers Ali (Taiwan)
    - Extreme DA

Based: Santa Clara, CA

Employees: 10

Next Year: Double revenues

Sales: Direct mostly, some distributors

Summary
    ADDS Debugger reminded me a lot of what Concept Engineering has been offering for several years now in a transistor-level debugger. What makes this different is that you're inside of a circuit simulation run when you can visualize the netlist as a schematic and see the node voltages and branch currents.

The SPICE circuit simulator market is crowded with many EDA vendors (Synopsys, Mentor, Cadence, Magma, Berkeley, Tanner EDA), so Cyber EDA has to do something special in order to make PCSIM stand out from the crowd (speed, accuracy, capacity, features).

This article was originally published in forum thread: Best #48DAC Trip Report Gets an iPAD2 started by admin View original post