The first session is about wireless and the Internet of Things (IoT). It opens with a keynote on Reimagine Wireless: The Internet of Things Comes of Age which will present a vision of the wireless landscape and the key factors spurring its revolution such as LTE deployment and machine-to-machine communication.
This is followed by a panel moderated by Aart de Geus (who must be missing at least part of DAC to be there) ranging over the whole topic of wireless, IoT, Europe and so on. The panelists are:
- Stan Boland, CEO, Neul
- Matthias Bopp, CEO, Micronas
- Graham Budd, COO, ARM
- Maria Marced, President, TSMC Europe
- Henri Seydoux, Founder, Chairman & CEO, Parrot
After that is a fireside chat in which Joep van Beurden, CEO of Cambridge Silicon Radio (although I believe they are officially just CSR these days) interviews Rick Clemmer, the CEO of NXP Semiconductors which is, of course, the spin-out from Philips of the old Philips Semiconductors (both companies always with an 's' on the end, don't forget).
There is a reception and then the aforementioned dinner.
Thursday morning starts with a keynote on Enhancing Automotive Safety and Efficiency by Mark Basten, Group Chief Engineer, Electrical & Electronic, Tata Motors European Technical Centre. Tata is of course based in India but in Europe is probably most famous for being the current owner of Jaguar and Land Rover.
That is followed by a panel session moderated by Ingo Schroeter, Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group on Reengineered and Remodeled: The Connected Car. The panelists are:
- Hans Adlkofer, VP Automotive System Group, Infineon Technologies
- Fabio Marchio, Group VP, GM, Automotive Microcontroller and Infotainment Division, STMicroelectronics
- Lars Reger, VP, Head of Strategy, New Business and R&D, Automotive Business Unit, NXP Semiconductors
- Hanns Windele, VP, Europe and India, Mentor Graphics
The topic then switches from Automotive to Energy with a keynote from André-Jacques Auberton-Hervé, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Soitec on Leading the Sustainable Energy Future.
There is then a panel session, moderated by David Baillie, CEO, CamSemi on Smart Energy Management. The panelists are:
- Kourosh Boutorabi, Head of Energy Management Group, Atmel
- Sandro Cerato, VP, Applications and System, Member of the Board, Power Management & Multimarket Division, Infineon Technologies
- Eugen Mayer, Managing Director, Power Plus Communications
- Dr. Hans Stork, CTO & Senior Vice President, ON Semiconductor
The conference wraps up with lunch sponsored by GlobalFoundries.
Full details are here.