Learn everything you need to know about processors for enterprise- and carrier-communications systems. We have added more Speakers and industry experts and expanded the two-day conference program with 25 % more sessions.
We will be featuring presentations on the newest processors with multiple cores, programmable data planes, and flexible architectures. Additional topics include security and high-performance memories for networking.
Attendees have the opportunity to meet with industry leaders, The Linley Group analysts, and a not to be missed networking reception with over 20 Sponsor Exhibits on Wednesday, October 10 at 5:00 - 6:30 PM. Enjoy the open bar and great food as you relax and compare notes with your peers.
The Linley Group provides independent technology analysis and strategic consulting in semiconductors for a broad range of applications including networking, communications, mobile, and wireless.
We cover emerging areas such as mobile application processors, 3G/4G baseband processors, mobile connectivity chips, Ethernet switch chips and 10GbE PHYs, 10GbE NICs and controllers, high-speed interconnects, embedded processors, security processors, FPGAs for communications, broadband chips, and more. For those seeking quantitative data, we offer market forecast and market share reports for both wired and wireless communications semiconductor markets.
We are the publisher of Microprocessor Report, the industry's leading technical newsletter for unbiased, in-depth analysis of high-performance processor technology.
Our analyst team possesses the unique combination of technical expertise and specific market knowledge to help you successfully navigate the complexities of these markets. With broad backgrounds in product design, marketing, management, and industry analysis, we deliver informed, real-world perspectives to your issues.
We provide in-depth technology analysis reports, interactive conferences, and strategic consulting services tailored to the individual client. We help clients understand the market for these devices, vendor strategies, key differentiators, technology trends, and how to select the right device for a specific application. We deliver the crucial information necessary to make intelligent business decisions.
Meet our Analysts
On October 10th and 11th, 2012, The Linley Group will host the Sixth Annual Linley Tech Processor Conference at the DoubleTree Hotel, in San Jose, CA.
» Events | Day One | Day Two | Register
On-line registration for pre-qualified attendees is free if registration forms are received by 6:00 PM PDT on October 4, 2012. Registration for non-qualified attendees is $795 if received by that date. Registration received after October 4 or at the door, will be $195 for qualified attendees and $995 for non-qualified.
Pre-approved attendees from OEMs and ODMs, carriers and service providers, the press, and financial services companies can attend at no charge!
October 10: Conference 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
October 11: Conference 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Featured Keynote Speakers:
Wednesday, October 10 - Linley Gwennap, Principal Analyst for The Linley Group and the industry's premier expert on the microprocessor technology and markets.
Thursday, October 11 – Andy Bechtolsheim, Founder, Chief Development Officer and Chairman, Arista Networks.
Here is a list of some of the outstanding presenters:
- Overview of the market and technology trends affecting processors for networking Linley Gwennap, The Linley Group
- A View from the Cloud: Architecting World’s First 64-Bit ARM Processor Gaurav Singh, Vice President of Engineering and Product Development, AppliedMicro
- Designing Efficient Processor Cores for the Multicore Networking Market Shubu Mukherjee, Distinguished Engineer, Cavium
- Break - Sponsored by Freescale (10:30am-10:50am)
- A Future Coherent Interconnect Technology to Handle Exponential Data-Flow Growth Ian Forsyth, Product Manager, ARM
- A Next-Generation Multicore SoC Architecture for Tomorrow’s Communications Networks David Sonnier, Technical Fellow and Chief Product Architect, Networking Solutions Group, LSI
- High-Performance Memories for Packet Processing: Solutions and Outlook Chris Johnson, DRAM Applications Engineering Manager, Micron
- Networking Memory from Now to 1Tb David Chapman, VP of Marketing & Applications Engineering, GSI Technology
- A High-Performance, Power-Efficient Memory for Networking Applications Michael J Miller, VP of Technology Innovation and System Applications, MoSys
- Silicon Convergence: The Future of SoC FPGAs Ty Garibay, Vice President of Engineering, Embedded Processing, Altera
- A Novel Approach to Scaling Multicore Based Architectures Shreyas Shah, System Architect, Xilinx
- The Art and Science of Software and Services for Multi-core Processors Imran Badr, Head of Software Engineering, Networking & Communications Division, Cavium
- Solutions for Software-Defined Networking and Network Virtualization Srinivasa Addepalli, Fellow and Chief Software Architect, Freescale
- Maximizing Performance and Power Efficiency in Multicore Systems Steve Cox, Vice President of Business Development, Target Compiler Technologies
- Multiprocessor Cores For Enabling Scalable and Performance-Efficient SoCs Del Rodillas, Director, Networks Solutions, MIPS Technologies and Rao Gattupalli, Principal System Architect for Networking and Communications, MIPS Technologies
- A Latency-Tolerant CPU Architecture Paul Evans, Business Development Manager, Imagination Technologies and Jim Whittaker, Processor Architect and General Manager, Imagination Technologies
- A New Processor Family to Enable Heterogeneous, Multiprocessor SoCs Yankin Tanurhan, Ph.D., Vice President of R&D, Processor Cores, IP Subsystems and NVM IP Solutions, Synopsys
- The Protocol-Processing Dataplane: Extensible Multiprocessors in Networking, Wireless Stacks, and Storage Chris Rowen, CTO and Founder, Tensilica
- Moore's Law and Networking Andy Bechtolsheim, Founder, Chief Development Officer and Chairman, Arista Networks
- Embedded Security and Cryptographic Algorithms, Protocols, and Solutions Bart Stevens, Director of Product Management, Embedded Security Solutions, AuthenTec Q&A with AuthenTec
- Security from Client to the Cloud—An Architectural Approach for the Infrastructure Praveen Mosur, Principal Engineer, Intel
- Break Sponsored by LSI (10:40am-11:00am)
- Security Beyond Data Communications: Deploying System Trust in Embedded Applications Christine Severns, Distinguished Engineer, Chief Security Architect, LSI
- Processing Demands in Next Generation Networks Eliot Rosen, Product Line Director, Processors and Wireless Infrastructure Group, Broadcom
- The Case for Compute Offload Using a Manycore Processor Bob Doud, Director of Processor Strategy, Tilera
- A Flow-Processing Architecture for 100G Applications Daniel Proch, Director of Product Management, Netronome
- A C-Programmable 400Gbps NPU With Layer 2-7 Features Guy Koren, VP Technology and CTO, EZchip
- Break Sponsored by Freescale (2:35pm - 2:55pm) Leveraging a Software-Controlled Data Path for Next-Gen Multiservice Routers Altaf Hussain, Senior Product Manager, Freescale
- A Next-Generation Home Access Point and Router Pravin Bathija, Product Marketing Manager, Processor Business Unit, AppliedMicro
To keep informed about this and other upcoming events, subscribe to Linley Wire, our free email newsletter.