[category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => Tanner EDA
    [category_nicename] => tanner-eda
    [category_parent] => 14433
)

Tanner EDA Update 2012

Tanner EDA Update 2012
by Daniel Nenni on 05-27-2012 at 4:15 pm

Rather than fly to Southern California this week I decided to drive. Airport parking and security, flying to Irvine and renting a car, driving to San Diego and back to Irvine, then flying home is just too much. Call it Porsche therapy, I would rather drive. On the way home I will take the scenic 101 and enjoy the ocean views.

First stop was Tanner EDA in beautiful downtown Monrovia, which reminded me of my hometown Danville. Tanner has a SemiWiki landing page so you can read all about them HERE. I had lunch with John Zuk, VP of Marketing and Greg Lebsack, President. We ate at a great Italian place right down the street where I had one of the best salmon stuffed cannellonis! YUM!

Dr. John Tanner has a very interesting legacy which I will go into with much more detail later but quickly, Tanner EDA first appeared at the 1988 DAC in Anaheim, which was the 25th DAC. John Zuk shared some DAC photos from the Tanner archive which were quite funny. DAC and Tanner EDA sure have changed! Since then the company has shipped over 33,000 licenses of its software to more than 5,000 customers in 67 countries. Wow!

You can tell a lot about an EDA company by their DAC plan. This is definitely the case with Tanner EDA. Tanner EDA will be exhibiting at booth 1126; offering the following Product Demonstrations, and Corporate & Technology Roadmap meetings to interested participants:

Product Demonstrations for Analog Designers:

HiPer Silicon: Tanner’s full-flow analog design suite covers Schematic capture, SPICE simulation, Layout, and Physical Verification. Now including Open Access!
Learn about the latest features and capabilities; including enhanced design collaboration and layout interoperability with Cadence Virtuoso 6 and other Open Access EDA tools.
Click here to make an appointment to attend this product demonstration

HiPer Simulation AFS: Tanner’s latest front-end Design & Simulation offering bolstered by BDA’s FastSPICE capability
See the latest T-Spice and Berkeley Design Automation FastSPICE tools in action; in a cohesive, integrated front-end tool flow.

HiPer DevGen: A “silicon aware” analog layout acceleration tool that recognizes and generates common structures; an essential tool for high productivity and layout quality.
Learn about this game-changing add-on tool for L-Edit. HiPer DevGen automatically recognizes and generates common structures including:
Differential pairs, Current mirrors, Resistor dividers, and MOSFET arrays

Product Demonstrations for Mixed-Signal Designers
HiPer Simulation A/MS: Tanner’s latest Analog/Mixed-Signal offering that bridges Analog and Digital Verification.
View a demonstration showing Verilog A and Verilog A/MS within T-Spice integrated with Aldec’s Riviera-PRO simulator.

HiPer Silicon A/MS: A cohesive Analog/Mixed-Signal flow that bridges Analog and Digital Verification and adds Synthesis, Static Timing and Place & Route.
See Tanner’s latest full-flow mixed signal offering; a highly productive tool flow integrating HiPer Silicon with high performance tools from Aldec and Incentia.

Product Demonstrations for MEMS Designers
L-Edit MEMS Designer: unsurpassed capabilities and productivity for microelectromechanical systems.
Learn how to reduce time-to-market; watch how L-Edit combines with high-performance add-ins that include curve tools, DXF import/export and design rule checking (DRC).

MEMS 3D Solid Modeler – a powerful and easy-to-use 3D viewing tool.
Learn about this latest offering – powered by SoftMEMS – that creates a 3D view of a MEMS device from a selected layout area and fabrication process description.

Corporate and Technology Roadmaps
Tanner EDA: 25 Years of Productivity, Price-Performance and Customer Care
Want to learn more about Tanner EDA business and Technology strategy? Find out about our history, learn about some of our customers’ success stories, and get an opportunity to see what’s in store for the future.
Click here to make an appointment to attend this session

PDKs: An Essential Element of Analog Design Success
Process Design Kits (PDKs) are a critical enabler for design enablement and productive workflow. Learn about Tanner’s latest PDK and design flow initiatives; including foundry-certified kits from Dongbu HiTek, TowerJazz, and X-Fab.
Click here to make an appointment to attend this session

Tanner EDA has a rich history and a very strong story for affordable AMS design. Read about the recent integration with Berkeley Design Automation Analog FastSpice and the Aldec Verilog A simulator. Lots of things going on so be sure and make the time to visit them at DAC 2012. Better yet, download their tools for a free 30 day test drive!

Share this post via:

Comments

There are no comments yet.

You must register or log in to view/post comments.